The Church of England parish church of the Nativity of the Blesséd Virgin Mary is a small flint building. The church existed by the middle of the 12th century and the blocked-up Norman north doorway survives from this time. In the 13th century the chancel arch was rebuilt and the present south doorway was added. In the 14th century the chancel was rebuilt, made taller than the nave and given Decorated Gothic windows. The internal and external fabric of the building were repaired and renewed several times in the 17th and 18th centuries and notably in 1835–39 by one Richard Clark of Wallingford, whose work included renewal of the box pews and three-decker pulpit.
In 1878 the church was largely rebuilt to designs by the architects H.J. Tollit and Edwin Dolby.They re-used the Norman north doorway, 13th-century south doorway, 14th-century piscina, sedilia and chancel arch responds and a low-side window in the chancel. There had been a wooden west tower but Tollit and Dolby replaced this with a stone bellcote. They also added a vestry on the north side of the church. The church is now part of the Benefice of Chinnor, Sydenham, Aston Rowant & Crowell. The Old Rectory is a Georgian house of three bays designed by John Rebecca and built in 1822